THE COMING SOON VERSION
Take a look at these scans. They are taken from the late Japanese magazine MSX-Fan of january 1990.
SD-Snatcher is being presented here in the Coming Soon section.
As you can see, there have been quite some alterations when the game was released.
All of this makes you wonder if this was a playable preview version of the game,
or just some screenshots provided by Konami.
- The Screen lay out has been changed.
In this version, there is a border of some technical devices surrounding the main screen.
- The Fighting Screen lay out has also been changed.
The status of Gilian's opponent is to the right instead of underneath Gilian's status screen.
- The image of Gilian at the bottomleft has been changed in the final version.
- The weapons and some of the options visible in these screenshots have not made their way into the actual game.
- The Market stalls as seen in the first screenshot, also have not been used in the final game.
- The metal creature in the middle screenshot does look like some of the used creatures in the final version,
but it is slightly different.
If this version actually exists, I would be very glad if you let me know at